Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Oh My Lucky Stars



I am very fortunate and lucky to get to work again with my favourite quilter - my daughter! She decided that she want to make a quilt for her teacher out of the aqua and grey scraps leftover from the quilt I had made her. She had chosen all of the fabrics and pattern and I had made the quilt. She chose another pattern and while it was a great pattern it did not lend itself well to scraps. I made a couple of blocks and neither her nor I were happy with how it was looking. One of the blocks was a a star block and that we really liked. I then remembered the Lucky Stars pattern by Atkinson Designs. I have had the pattern for years and have always wanted to make it but never have. She really liked it to so I started cutting out the fabric for the other stars. I had already cut out the flying geese for the other pattern, so it will be a bit different but still fabulous! We needed a couple more fat quarters for the borders, so I brought the fabric to a beautiful quilt show we attended on the weekend. One of the booths had some more of the aqua and grey fabrics so we got them. I already know that this will be one of my favourite quilts once she has it finished. Oh My Lucky Stars!


Linking to WIP Wednesday, Let's Bee Social and Linky Tuesday.

5 comments:

Ariane said...

These blocks look great! They will make a beautiful quilt!

Alison V. said...

These are so pretty! Such lovely fabrics. :)

Louise said...

Very nice! How fun to be sewing with your daughter. It's so sweet that she wants to make a quilt for her teacher :)

Barb said...

Love those colors together, will be a fabulous quilt for her teacher

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

The aqua and gray are gorgeous together. What a sweet gift for a teacher. As a retired teacher, I know I would have been thrilled to get it!!