Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

Reading Rainbow









My reading rainbow quilt is all finished. To me the blocks look like books put on a bookshelf. I love, love this quilt. It is very much me, and going to remain mine. It brings me happiness to have it covering me and I am definitely going to enjoy reading under it. I love quilting so much but when I get frustrated I think I will use this quilt as inspiration to keep going.





The backing is from Robert Kaufman. When I showed the quilt at my quilt meeting, the people sitting in the back thought I had pieced the back. Now on to the next one!


Linking to Finish it Up Friday, TGIFF and Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop!

13 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

It's beautiful, Michelle! Love those colours and that backing is perfect. Glad to hear that you get to keep this one for you!

Lisa J. said...

These are really beautiful colours in this quilt. it makes for a very lively quilt.

Ariane said...

It's beautiful!! I just love the colours of this quilt. It's a great finish.

Nicole said...

Fun quilt! It does look like a pieced backing!

Sandi said...

Love those colours! How big is it? Looks very cozy!

QuiltSue said...

That is a great looking quilt.

e said...

Beautiful quilt - congratulations on the finish :)

Katherine said...

Lovely quilt and I agree that it does look like books on a bookshelf

Janet said...

So pretty! And the backing is a fantastic match!

Barb said...

That is really pretty and is a great way to use up the scraps.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely bright and cheerful quilt.

ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

Wendyb said...

a great inspiration for sure! xo

Mary Marcotte said...

There's nothing quite like a loved book and a beautiful quilt, especially one that you made yourself.