Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Dresden Quilter - My Stop on the Blogathon Canada Tour




Welcome to my corner of the quilting world! My name is Michelle aka Dresden Quilter and I have been quilting for over 20 years and blogging for 5 /12 years. It's in my blood, and while I get frustrated sometimes it is something I am never going to give up. I chose the name for my blog as the Dresden Plate was one of the first blocks I ever learned how to make.

Dresden Plate Block

How would I describe my style? Simply a potpourri of love. Whether it be traditional, or modern, whimiscal or straightlaced if I think the receipient of the quilt will love it and I will enjoy making it I do.


 Hot Dog



 Woodland Trails


Pinky Owl

IMG_00000738


 Pink Swirl



 Log Cabin Love


 Sometimes I stick to a pattern, sometimes I add some sugar and spice to it and sometimes I make my own patterns. For me quilting, is my raison d'ĂȘtre, a way of bringing beauty to the world and leaving stress behind, and I would rather do it, then spend lots of time defining it. If you enjoy what you are quilting, then that's good enough for me!




 Rainbow Bright


Storm the Castle


 Sunshine on my Shoulder

I also enjoy other crafts such as redwork, which have seeped into my quilting.



 Love Is



One of the best parts about quilting and blogging is all of the amazing quilters I have gotten to know, and all of the quilt alongs, bees and exchanges I have gotten to participate in.



Happy Halloween



Merry Christmas


Red/Aqua Swap Quilt



I would not have been able to do any of this without my three loves, my children and husband who are my inspiration, my support and part of my creative process.


My Three Loves



Now that you have gotten to know me, please continue on your journey of the Sew Sisters Blogathon Canada. I am so proud to participate in and get to know such amazing Canadian quilters!


Blogathon Canada



6 comments:

Claudia said...

Just found your blog. Very nice! The Dresden plate is my favorite quilt block. Looking forward to reading your blog.

Catskill Quilter said...

I enjoyed the chance to "review" your wonderful quilts, as well as to read your blog entry. Thanks for being there!

Quilting Tangent said...

Very cute projects.

Happy Turtle said...

Lovely work! Stopping by on the Blogathon.
Carol

QuiltSue said...

I love some of your quilts, specially the stripy dachshund.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Greetings from Bismarck ND USA. It's cold down here but not much snow. Lovely quilts you showcased. kthurn@bektel.com