Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Soft Days

Twister


Another one of my Christmas quilts off, of my list. This one is for my daughter. The most important part about this quilt is the backing.

 Twister
You can see the Minkee in the upper right hand corner.

It is made using Minkee. I bought the Minkee fabric last summer and my daughter kept asking me when it is going to be finished. I normally name all my quilts so I was asking for suggestions this morning for it. She has decided on the name Soft Days. I really enjoyed the Twister pattern, though again it was hard for me to cut something up again once it was all together. I did find too that I had to be careful with the cuts to make sure I did not cut too far into the next square.

And as to my wonder last week about my Red/Aqua Swap quilt it has now officially become my son's. Luckily for me I made myself a new Christmas quilt. To me, you can never have too many quilts!

My giveaway winner for the Giving Thanks - Blog Hop Party with Giveaways is #93 - Rhonda D.

Linking up to Finish it Up Friday, TGIFF, and Can I Get a Whoop, Whoop!

6 comments:

Kay said...

I love this, so pretty.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Soft Days is a great name! No doubt inspired by the minky. How was it to quilt? It looks great!

Kymberly said...

Lovely quilt. Definitely looks like a soft quilt for cuddling with.

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic! I have a Twister in my future....just not sure how soon!

Snowcatcher said...

The colors and fabrics in this are perfect together!

Northern Deb said...

Very soft and pretty... I love using Minkee for backings. My daughter always wanted flannel till she felt that.. just so soft.