Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

BBQ

Binding, basting and quilting! (Not necessarily in that order)

I thought I had better start showing some photos of my WIP. I have gotten so many amazing things lately, that it looks like I don't sew anymore! This weekend I took the time to work on projects promised for the end of April - my Christmas Through The Year and my UFO Challenge.


Christmas Hot Pad

For my Christmas Through the Year, I decided to make a Hot Pad. This block is left over from Christmas Rose quilt. The way the pattern was written you make one extra block. Rather than putting it on the back, I decided to use it in this way. I used one of my leaf stitches for the quilting.  I used Spray Basting to baste it. One of the things I have learned when making it is to make sure I have enough thread on the spool. I thought there would be enough but there was not. I was almost done, so I used the bobbin thread at the top and put in a similar coloured bobbin at the bottom. I can barely see the difference.

Tulip Table Runner

I also quilt and bound my Tulip Table Runner which is my UFO Challenge for the month of April. I had a lot of fun with this one. My son helped me pick out the thread. He chose a pink variegated thread which works really well. This one I pin baste. It was also my first time binding angles other than 90 degrees. I found a great tutorial from Heather Mulder Peterson of Anka's Treasures.


5 comments:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

I love the leaf stitches, they look so unique! The tulip table runner is sooo adorable! :)

Ariane said...

Your projects look great!! Love the decorative quilting!!

Unknown said...

the tulip runner is very pretty. Nice finish!

Cheryl said...

Wow, great projects!! Way to get things done. I am so excited to be your mini swap partner!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet finishes!