Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Trying New Things Thursday


A while ago I was talking to someone who knew that I quilted. She is a knitter, and the discussion became whether I knitted as well. I said I did, and mentioned that I had knitted hats, scarfs, mittens, blankets and partially finished sweaters. The one thing I have not tried is socks, so she kindly offered to give me some sock wool and needles so that I could try it.





I am really enjoying it. I am the point where I can start working on the heel and I am looking forward to having it look like a sock. She asked about it the other day when I saw her, and so much like Barb that gave me the encouragement to get back at it. Next week I will have more to show.  I am linking to TNT Thursdays at Happy Quilting.



3 comments:

Melissa Corry said...

Yippee Skippee for trying new things. That is going to be such a fun sock!!! Love the colors!

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

I love that magic yarn that turns into pretty stripes as you knit. I'm positve these socks will become a favorite pair!

Unknown said...

Socks eh? You're going into foreign territory now. I've never done socks. Looking good so far!