Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Finally!

 If a picture could say a thousand words!



This photo says a lot to me. It tells me that I finally have started on the quilt for my sister. The fabric that has been in my blog header for so long has now been cut up. To get to this point has taken a  long time. I originally started collecting fabrics over a year ago. I was inspired by a quilt pattern by  Heather Mulder Peterson  for the colours. After a while, I had all the fabric but realized I did not want to use that pattern anymore. I asked my sister if she preferred squares, rectangles, or circles and she told me squares, which narrowed my search somewhat. Then a few weeks ago, I was getting quite desperate because I wanted to make her the quilt for Christmas. I looked through my "book stash" and there staring at me was the quilt pattern ironically also by Heather Mulder Peterson.

Projects made in blocks are good for me, because with the limited time I have I can make one at a time, and see progress. It probably takes me longer to do the quilt that way, but it helps me keep everything organized. It also gives me a chance to hopefully start and make my brother's quilt before Christmas. That one was easier to choose the fabric for as it is a 2 colour quilt and I am happy with the pattern.

8 comments:

Barb said...

I just love how those blocks are looking!

Darlene said...

Looking fabulous - I love it. :-)

Terry said...

Good for you! Your blocks look great! I'll be waiting to see more progress on this one! :0)

Unknown said...

hey Michelle, I like your new header! it's very appropriate, isn't it?

and your sister's blocks are lovely too. a bit at a time and you'll get it all done by Christmas!

Linda said...

It feels great to get started on a new project. Yours is coming along nicely. Love your choice of colours.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

congrats on finally starting it... i knew i recognized that fabric!! your first few blocks look great!

Myra said...

Love the blocks and love the colors... 8-)

Ariane said...

Your blocks look great! I love the look of these! Can't wait to see more!!!!