Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Guild Blocks

I am technically still in 2 swaps, that have been organized with my guild. Here are my last blocks that I handed in on Wednesday. Now with the blocks I have received I have to make something for June. I am going to make a 2 sided runner. The side with the country blocks I will use in the fall and the side with the brights I will use in the spring.





I have also finished my 3rd block for the Jelly Roll sampler quilt along. It has been fun to do this. I wish I had more jelly rolls to play with.




I got to work on one of my PHD this week. It is great to see them moving along towards completion. I would like to say to all of you wonderful quilters out there, please no more inspiration! I am really trying hard to get my PHD done and it is difficult to stay focused when you are all doing such amazing things. I have to admit though, it is giving me more of a push to get things done, so I can start on some new projects.

I try not to brag too much, but my son won an award at school yesterday for his artistic ability. It was wonderful to see him with such a huge smile on his face. We went out to his favourite restaurant after, and had chocolate cake for dessert.

Hope you have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Congratulations to your DS! :-) Would love to see his artwork. ;-) I love the idea of a table runner for your blocks~ now who is inspiring who here? I may need to make table runners now! :-o LOL Just teasing! Have a happy day!! :-))

Angela Nash said...

Congratulations to your son! That's very exciting and well worth some chocolate cake.

And I join you in asking for no more inspiration, please :)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

please no more inspiration?? lol!! if only it was that easy!

Leeanne said...

Sounds like you are very busy!I love the first nine patch set on point. I am involved in a nine patch swap in our Row Robin group, will will end up with 144 blocks!

Barb said...

Congrats to your son....love your blocks.

tarabu said...

The blocks for your runner are lovely - and congrats again, to your boy!