Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

Quilting : the next generation

Both of my children are interested in quilting. My daughter has her own scrap collection. I never thought I would hate scraps but they end up all over her room and all over the house. I would swear they grow. She has definite opinions about what she would like to sew her quilts. Usually it ends up in a straight line. My son has decided that he would like a Halloween quilt. He picked out a Halloween panel and some Halloween fabric. I think we will do some 9 patches around the panel and then add a few borders.

I also have my nephew and niece interested in quilting. My nephew and I looked on Ebay for fabric for him. He wants a red and orange quilt. My niece is interested in having me make her a quilt. I bought her this kit a couple of years ago.


This is the backing I picked for it.



I was a bit worried about it, but I felt that she could handle the black and bold colours. Well, this year she picked out some clothes for herself that was black with bright colours. I am planning on starting the quilt for her next year for her new home.

2 comments:

Myra said...

Sounds like all the youngins are getting into the quilting down your way! lol! Love that pattern for you neice, and that background is awesome! Wow! 8-)

Myra said...

I meant backing... 8-)