Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Weekend Wrapup

Well, my long weekend turned out great. I got a lot of quilting accomplished. I also got to do all the stuff with the kids that we had wanted to do together.




I finally decided on a pattern for my dad's quilt. I have 3 weeks to get it ready to take to the quilter. I have one block done, and only 29 left to do.




I tried out the yellow centre for the 9 patch a long. I like how it looks.








I also got my paper pieced block done for the Spring Blossoms Quilt Swap. I just need to add the borders now. The great part of the block is that everything came from my stash. I really enjoy paper piecing. It has been a few years since I have done it. I have a tea paper pieced wall hanging kit that my mom bought for me years ago that I have not yet done. I am definitely going to be getting to it soon.


I also sewed on the binding for my husband's quilt. Now I just have to hand stitch it to the back. I also got the label done for my daughter's quilt. I will show you the quilt tomorrow.

4 comments:

Myra said...

Love that block for your Dad's quilt!!! They make awesome looking quilts! On my to do list...

Glad you made a decision on your 9-patch... 8-)

What a great paper-piecing basket pattern! Love it, and your fabrics you used!! Looks great!

You are certainly on a roll! Good for you! I need some of that! 8-)

Happy stitchings!

Ariane said...

Love all three of your blocks. Especially the paper pieced flower. It looks great.

Unknown said...

Looks great! the bento for your dad will be nice - the colors are just right :)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Wow, I love the block for your dad's quilt!